Saturday, August 12, 2006

Only In Israel #5: He Will Bless The Fruit... Your Wine...



He will love you, bless you and make you numerous. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the fruit of your land, your grain, your wine, your oil, the calves of your herds, and the lambs of your flocks, in the land that He promised your fathers that He would give to you
. (Devarim 7:13)

"These blessings are tied up with the Land. Israel will only merit these great gifts if they live in the Land and fulfill the mitzvot there. If they live in exile, they will not be able to reap these rewards because they will lack the virtue of living in the Land of Israel." (Me'am Lo'ez on Ekev).


I walked outside of my Rechavia apartment and I noticed these beautiful wild grapes hanging down from the garden above my staircase. This is the blessing of the Land growing in my own front yard!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home