Thursday, June 08, 2006

Peeling Potatoes The Easy Way



(If your firewall pulls out embed tags just click here to watch it.)

I'm not sure why I'm posting this on my blog but I found it brilliant. I always noticed how the peels come off potatoes very easily when they are cooked but that they fall apart so there's no easy way to get them off in one shot. But if you use ice water like the video show the peel won't fall apart and still comes off easily. Pretty neat.

Now the bad news is every potato kugel recipe I've seen calls for using raw potatoes so this won't help... Unless there's a way to just cook the potato bit so the very outside gets soft to get the peel off but the inside remains raw?

I think I have some experimenting to do before next Pesach....

Hat Tip: Spot ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't they ever heard of a peeler?
It is pretty cool, though. I'm definitely gonna give this a try. :)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home