Tuesday, June 28, 2005

To Reader Elisheva – Re: Sanhedrin comment.

GREETINGS:
I have read the material on The Sanhedrin, and have forwarded it to them for comment or response. From what I have learned, it seems that folks are projecting something negative onto the silence. Had there been a big problem, you would have seen an uproar. Still is no uproar. Also consider that you must obey them. Do try and think a little more on how you write about this issue. And thanks for taking it up to look at.

Thanks, in faith,
Elisheva

Elisheva,

Thanks for the comment. I suspect you are not a native English speaker. You may have misunderstood my post. You are correct. Yatednot me - is certainly projecting a negative opinion. And I agree – had there been a big problem you would have heard from Rav Elyashiv, shlita, and Rav Yosef, shlita. My question to the author of the Yated article was just that. Why haven’t we heard objections from ANY gedolim at all? The answer that used to be given – "don’t dignify it with a response" is not a valid answer. This is an important "front page" issue and silence will not work. As the Gemara states "Shtika Kehoda'a - silence implies consent." In truth I have written very little about this issue at all. I mostly cut-and-paste. I am following it very closely - from all sides - as it potentially has huge ramifications for Klal Yisreal and Eretz Yisrael. At the same time, Rabbi Yirmiyohu Kaganoff has raised some legitimate objections – even if these objections have not come from the gedolim themselves. (Personally I don’t feel any of those objections were earth shattering but) it would be strongly advisable for the Sanhedrin to address them in a timely manner – so thank you for sending it on to them and I would be very interested in hearing their response. And when you do receive a response from them please send me it. I will be glad to post it here.

Kol Tov, All the best,
Pinchas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home